Indec provided specialist change support and skills to deliver technical writing, infrastructure and operations strategic advice, change management, project management and internal communication and stakeholder engagement.
Indec’s role was to identify and manage business, network, system, project and customer operational readiness requirements within this complex project environment in terms of the scale and often remote geographic locations, multiple technical disciplines as well as various stages of progress across the individual projects.
To support meaningful change and project-wide outcomes, Indec:
- Worked collaboratively with ARTC and Inland Rail Project stakeholders and contractors to identify operational readiness activities and requirements and ensure deliverables and milestones are achieved
- Tracked operational readiness activities and deliverables for the Inland Rail Projects and prepared progress reports, managed issues and escalated risks and issues to senior management with considered solutions and mitigation measures
- Developed and implemented an Operational Readiness Framework and suite of supporting documents to ensure ongoing assurance of operational readiness activities and requirements for all Inland Rail Projects
- Organised and facilitated lessons-learnt workshops and prepared a Lessons Learnt Report and recommendations following the handover and commissioning of Inland Rail Projects
In addition to these deliverables, Indec further supported Inland Rail project delivery through the development of operational readiness tools, including:
- An Operational Readiness Framework, Tracking Register, Procedure, workflow and checklist
- New infrastructure certification and handover form and accompanying work instruction
- Work instruction and workflow to guide project staff to fulfil ARTC’s configuration management requirements
- Work instruction and workflow for populating and updating an ARTC Asset List, NamePlate and TrackData System templates